Caste certificates offer you reserved seats in government jobs and educational institutes. An individual belonging to a particular caste is validated by it. Caste certificates provide a wide range of benefits in almost every state of India. People from minority castes are also offered benefits and relaxations by the Maharashtra government. It is possible for you to obtain your caste certificate in Maharashtra and enjoy the benefits that the government offers to your particular caste as a result.
In order to guarantee the success of the reservation quotas, the government of India has taken pains to ensure that three of the most important sectors namely education, employment, and politics work together. As long as reservation benefits are kept in mind, it may be possible for those belonging to these communities to shine in every sphere of their lives and be able to put themselves forward. In case you are from Maharashtra and are looking for information on how to apply and download the caste certificate online, here is a brief guide that can help you.
Can you tell me why I would need a caste certificate?
I have previously discussed how a caste certificate plays an important role in assisting Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, and economically disadvantaged segments of our community to obtain admissions into highly regarded educational institutions, to apply for scholarships, and to be hired by the government on the basis of reserved seats. As an example, government jobs have a reservation quota as follows:
- 15% for SCs (Scheduled Castes)
- 7.5% ST (Scheduled Tribes)
- 27% belong to the OBC (Other Backward Class)
- 10% of EWS (Economically Weaker Sections)
As well as bringing equality and a sense of fair opportunity, caste certificates also help eradicate untouchability among Indians.
Caste Certificate Documents
Your caste certificate must be obtained by presenting certain documents in Maharashtra. You must submit these documents with your application form, regardless of whether you are applying online or offline. You will need the following documents:
- A proof of income
- Proof of residential address
- Obtain a driver’s license
- Taxpayer identification number
- An ID card recognized by the government
- Bills for electricity or water
- Certificate of birth
- Card for rations
- If you don’t have a voter ID card, you can use your parents’
- Card with Aadhaar number
- Photographs the size of a passport
- Caste certificate affidavit
- Original town or village evidence
- Educated or college-educated
- A proof of the respective caste’s existencestence
- The application form
Maharashtra Caste Certificate Application Procedure
Maharashtra’s caste certificate application process can be completed online very easily. To apply for the certificate offline, you must visit your nearest Tahsildar’s branch office and submit the necessary documents.
Online Caste Certificate Application in Maharashtra
In Maharashtra, obtaining a caste certificate is quite easy. Caste certificates can be applied for online, and you don’t even need to be tech-savvy. It is possible to apply for your caste certificate over the internet and get it in a matter of days if you have easy access to the internet. Here’s what you need to do:
- By filling out the form, you can obtain a caste certificate
- Register on the Aaple Sarkar Portal by following all the steps
- Choose ‘Caste Certificate’ and click ‘Apply’
- Documents must be submitted
- Click on ‘Submit’ after submitting the documents.
You can easily apply for a caste certificate in Maharashtra by following these simple steps. Furthermore, a caste certificate issued in Maharashtra is only valid in Maharashtra; it cannot be used elsewhere.
Online Caste Certificate Tracking Steps
It is easy to track the status of your caste certificate after you have applied for it. To do this, you will need to go to the Maharashtra online portal.
- On the website, you can track your application
- When you click on it, you will be redirected to the page where you need to enter your application ID and name
- You will be able to view the status of your caste certificate once you have entered these details correctly
How to download the caste certificate online
The caste certificate can be downloaded online once you receive notification that it is ready. Certificates will no longer need to be tracked by collectors or officers.
- The Maharashtra Aaple Sarkar website will be accessible once your certificate has been approved
- Verify your authenticated certificate by clicking on the ‘VERIFY YOUR AUTHENTICATED CERTIFICATE’ link on the right-hand side
- Checking a caste certificate is made easier by this method
- Your certificate can be saved to your smartphone or desktop once you’ve completed this step.
You are now all set to get your caste certificate in Maharashtra once you have learned how to apply, track, and download it online. You can easily enjoy the benefits of a government scheme, be it an educational institute, a government job, or some other government scheme.
Read more :