There are several states in India that require caste certificates, Maharashtra being one of them. A caste certificate can also provide certain benefits to people living in Maharashtra, just like it does for most people in the country. Nowadays, you can manage all tasks related to obtaining a caste certificate online thanks to technology and the internet. You don’t have to leave your home to apply for a certificate or keep track of your caste certificate status.
Citizens belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are issued caste certificates. Through central and state government quotas, caste certificate can help them get jobs and admission to educational institutions. As a result of the deprivation of such privileges, the Indian government offers these benefits to people from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. Learn about the purpose of a Maharashtra caste certificate and how to obtain one.
A Caste Certificate’s Purpose
It is important to remember that class and caste have existed for centuries in our country. The reservation provisions are intended to help people from backward castes overcome their age-old struggles. A caste certificate can be used by individuals from Scheduled Castes [SC], Scheduled Tribes [ST], and Other Backward Classes [OBC] to secure reservation in government jobs. Students can also apply for scholarships and admission to schools, colleges, and universities based on caste certificates. It is also possible for reserved categories to apply to various government programs offered by the central and state governments of India.
Caste certificates are easy to obtain, but you must provide a few documents to prove their authenticity. Caste certificates in Maharashtra must include an application form, photographs, proof of residence, ration cards, income certificates, voter ID cards, and Aadhaar cards.
Online Caste Certificate Request
Even though the process of obtaining a caste certificate online differs slightly between states, the documents required and the steps to apply online are similar. In Maharashtra, you can obtain your caste certificate online by following these steps:
- You can visit this website by going to your browser
- To the right of the home page, you will see a green box where you can register if you’re a new user or log in if you already have an account
- The ‘Services Available Online’ box will appear once you log in. ‘Revenue Department’ is the first subheading
- Locate the ‘Caste Certificate’ option by placing your cursor on the blue box. Then click it
- When you click the ‘Apply’ button, a pop-up window will appear with a list of required documents
- A drop-down list will appear, from which you can choose your caste
- After filling out the required fields, click the ‘Save’ button to close the application
- The receipt and application should be printed out for future reference.
It is not difficult to follow the steps, as you can see. For those who find the application process overwhelming and complex, you can apply physically.
Caste Certificates: How to Obtain Them Offline?
Some people still prefer to get their caste certificates in person despite the ease of online applications. In case you prefer to do things offline, you can visit the nearest Tahsildar office. You can either pick up the application form from the office or download it, print it, and fill it out. After completing the application form, you must submit it to the Tahsildar office with all the required documents and the application fee of $5. The applicant will be notified when their caste certificate can be obtained after this process.
Online Caste Certificate Status Tracking
One of the easiest steps in the process is tracking your caste certificate status
- Please log in to the same website
- On the right side of the page, you will find ‘TRACK YOUR APPLICATION. Then click it
- Select ‘Revenue Department’, ‘Revenue Services’, and ‘Caste Certificate’ from the drop-down menus
- Hit ‘GO’ after entering your application ID
- An application status pop-up window will appear
As citizens of a country, a caste certificate is probably one of our most important documents. Caste certificates can be extremely useful, whether you are applying for admission to prestigious educational institutions or seeking employment opportunities. Consequently, you should know exactly how to apply for it, both online and offline, and keep track of its progress.
Also Read :