Central and state governments in India issue caste certificates to citizens belonging to SC, ST, or OBC. You may be entitled to reservation benefits in employment, education and politics if you belong to one of these categories. To prove your status as a member of a backward class, you need to produce a caste certificate.
In West Bengal, you can apply for a caste certificate online at the Backward Class Welfare application portal. However, some state governments are still not offering online applications.
There are many provisions for people from backward classes in the Backward Classes Welfare Department of the Government of West Bengal. Consider the following scenario: You want to apply for a new caste certificate for yourself if you are a member of a Scheduled Tribe (ST), Scheduled Caste (SC), or Other Backward Classes (OBC) in West Bengal. By following a few easy steps, you can find out the status of your SC ST OBC certificate application and other essential details. You will be able to check the status of your caste certificate online by following the steps in this article.
SC ST OBC Online Application Status Checking Steps
It’s easy to check the status of your SC ST OBC application. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start by visiting the West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare Department’s official website. Here are all the details regarding your caste certificate status application
- You will find a section called ‘Citizen’s Corner’ on the right side of the home page
- To check the status of your application, scroll down and click on the option called ‘Application Status’
- Upon clicking the link, you will be redirected to a page where you must enter your application number. Click ‘Search’ once you’ve entered the number
- A new page will appear showing the status of your SC ST OBC certificate
- Print out the document and keep it for future reference.
It’s not difficult to check the status of your SC ST OBC online application. All you need is the application number and a few clicks.
What you need to do to verify the details of your ST/SC/OBC certificate?
It is just as easy to verify your SC ST OBC certificate details as it is to track the status of your application. The steps for the verification process are listed below, so you can follow them.
- Please visit the website of the Backward Classes Welfare Department of West Bengal once more
- You can check your SC ST OBC certificate details by clicking on the ‘Certificate Details’ option
- Enter all the required information on the page that appears
- Enter your certificate number if your certificate is new
- If your certificate was issued before the current year, you will need to enter the ‘Year of Issue’ and ‘Issuing Authority’.
- The ‘Name’ and ‘Date of Issue’ fields may also be entered.
- Click on ‘Search’ once you’re done.
- Now that you have verified all the details of your SC ST OBC certificate, you should be able to print it
- If you wish, you can print or save the page as a PDF.
In West Bengal, the Following Documents Are Required for a Caste Certificate
To obtain your caste certificate in West Bengal, you will need the following documents:
- Details of your identification
- A proof of residence
- An admit card for Madhyamik (Class X) or a certificate of birth
- A statement of income
- Identification card (Aadhaar)
- Photograph the size of a passport
- Bank passbook
- Voter identification card
- Card of rations
- Father’s or a close relative’s caste certificate
For a SC ST OBC certificate to be verified, the following information must be provided:
- For certificates issued in the current year, all you need is the certificate number
- The year in which the certificate was issued along with the name of the issuing authority must be included if the certificate was issued earlier
- A certificate must also include your name and the date it was issued.
Checking the status of your certificate is easy if you follow the steps in this article. In order to apply for an SC ST OBC certificate, you should now have a clear understanding of all the required documentation. It is also important to verify all the certificate details once you have applied and tracked your application.