A Trade Notice No.35/2021-2022 has been issued by the Director-General for Foreign Trade (DGFT) requiring electronic filing of Registration Cum Membership Certificates (RCMC) or Registration Certificates (RC) using the DGFT Common Digital Platform starting April 1, 2022.
Previously, exporters seeking an RCMC had to submit an application in Form ANF 2C to the relevant Export Promotion Council (EPC) and declare their mainstream business.
This Trade Notice informs exporters and importers that DGFT has developed a new Common Digital Platform (DGFT e-RCMC module) for issuing RCMCs.
The registration-cum membership certificate
A FIEO Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) validates an exporter who deals with products registered with a government-approved agency/organization.
In the past, exporters seeking an RCMC had to submit an application in Form ANF 2C to the relevant Export Promotion Council (EPC) and declare their mainstream business. The DGFT has recently published a Trade Notice describing the launch of the DGFT e-RCMC module, which will provide exporters & importers with single-point access to RCMCs/RCs.
In India, there are 26 export promotion councils and 9 commodity boards. RCMCs are issued by the Export Promotion Councils (EPC) and the Commodities Board in India. Various Export Promotion Councils and commodities boards in India categorize their products according to their type.
- A RCMC is obtained from FIFO in respect of export products that are not covered by any Export Promotion Council/Commodity Board etc.
- The exporter has the option of obtaining RCMC from the Federation of Indian Exporters Organization (FIEO).
- Multi-product exporters with their registered office or head office in the North Eastern States may obtain RCMC from Shellac & Forest Products Export Promotion Council (except for products covered by APEDA, Spices Board, and Tea Board).
- Registration Cum Membership Certificates (RCMCs) are issued by the Director, Handicrafts, Government of Jammu & Kashmir to exporters of handicrafts and handloom products.
Validity of RCMC
The RCMC is valid for five years starting on the 1st April of the licensing year when it is issued and ends on the 31st March of the following year.
Module e-RCMC for the Common Digital Platform of the DGFT
The DGFT has launched the Common Digital Platform (e-RCMC) module as part of its IT Revamp initiative. It provides a single point of access for exporters, importers, and issuing agencies to e-file RCMC/RC.
In this Common Digital Platform, processes related to Fresh/Amendment/ Renewal/Renewal of RCMC/RC are handled electronically and without contact.
e-RCMC Module Features
The following are the features of the current e-RCMC module for issuance of Registration and Membership Certificates:
- The eRCMC module provides Electronic (Paperless & Contactless) and Real-Time Certificate Issuing
- Trade Ecosystem details are auto-authenticated and shared across modules in this module.
- A system for auto-validating PAN/DIN details in exporters’ IEC profiles integrates CBDT and MCA.
- The module’s auto-generation of invoices is one of its most important features.
RCMC Documents Required
Along with the application form, the following documents must be enclosed.
- The regional licensing authority issues the IEC number.
- A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is issued by a competent authority.
- The company’s Memorandum of Agreement (For corporate, institutional, private, and limited companies).
- A self-certified copy of the company’s Partnership Deed (for Partnership companies and Individual Ordinary).
- The Trust Deed (For Trusts/Institutions/Corporations).
- This certificate is issued by the Registrar of Companies when a company’s registered office changes.
- A Chartered Accountant of the company must certify the last three years’ Services Export Data (Foreign Exchange Earnings).
- A Board Resolution or Power of Attorney is issued when the signing authority’s name is not mentioned in an IEC, MOA, Partnership Deed or Trust Deed.
- Certificate of GST registration
The Online Process for the Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC)
By using the e-RCMC module of the DGFT Website, you can apply for the Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC):
- New User Registration
- Apply for RCMC
- Upload Document
- Sign the Application
- Make Payment
- Get RCMC
- View and Track Submitted e-RCMC Applications.
Certificate of Registration-cum Membership renewal.
Renewal of the RCMC shall be available only to applicants with an earlier RCMC. The RCMC details would be available in the system and prepopulated in the application at the time of issuance/amendment whichever has the latest information. RCMC renewals are only available for expired certificates.